To inspire, enrich and unite the Lowcountry through music.
…..audiences through outstanding and accessible orchestral music
….young musicians through opportunities to perform and be recognized
ENRICH THE COMMUNITY THROUGH
….. youth programs
UNITE THE COMMUNITY BY
…..collaborating with other cultural organizations
…..celebrating our unique cultural heritage
…..promoting the Lowcountry as an arts and cultural destination
STRENGTHEN OUR RESOURCES TO SUPPORT FINANCIAL SUSTAINABILITY AND GROWTH
- We will strive for the highest standards in performing and programming.
- We will support the development of future talent via competitions for young artists.
- We will strive for innovative programming and presentation.
- We will always operate in a culture of service, respect and collaboration.
- We will attract the finest board, musicians, staff and volunteers.
Excellence in stewardship:
- We will maintain a sound financial condition with clear accountability.
- We will concentrate on the development of music understanding among the youth of the Low Country through our Youth Orchestra and Education/Outreach Programs.
To carry out its stated mission, the strategic thrust of HHSO will be to manage its financial resources and utilize its human resources (Musicians, Staff, Board, and Volunteers) to enrich our community (Audience, Schools, Youth Groups, Retirement Communities, & Tourists). While there will be specific strategies in each of the areas, activities will be planned and implemented to ensure maximum overlap and benefit to the total.
- Increase Audience Base with diverse programming and expanded performances (Additions, Repeats, Venues, etc.).
- Increase music awareness and appreciation in the community, and introduce and teach the musicians of the future through Education/Outreach and Youth Orchestra activities
- Collaborate with other organizations to enrich the concert experience and to make Hilton Head Island a Center for the Arts.
- Increase the Endowment to ensure long term financial viability.
- Increase the base of Annual Financial Support.
- Attract and Effectively Utilize an Involved and Active Board and corps of Volunteers.
- Maintain a professional and well managed Staff.
- Provide an environment that optimizes performance opportunities for musicians that will attract and retain quality artistic resources.
- Nurture musicians of the future through competitions – Concerto Competition, IPC, etc.